About the Observer Programme
The Solomon Islands National Observers Programme, referred to as SBOB in the regional coding system for national observer programmes, comes under the Offshore Division of the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources.
The programme consists of 2 coordinators, 2 data entry officers and 110 observers.
Within the 110 observers, there are sixcertified PIRFO debriefers, two of whom are PRIFO certified trainers and one of the two is a training accessor. There are also 12 debriefer trainees and four lady observers.
The observer programme is collecting scientific and compliance data onboard local, bilateral and sub-regional licensed fishing vessels.
The trips onboard the vessels are administered by the SBOB, PNA and FFA respectively.
- Observation onboard fishing vessels.
- Port sampling activities
- Biological sampling activities
Staff and Contacts
Please contact us through the Contacts Page. Our current team includes:
- Harold Vilia – Observer programme coordinator.
- Jimmy Belade – Assistant Observer Coordinator
- Ivan Sesebo - Assistant Observer Coordinator
- Vacant – Observer Data Entry Officer
- Francina Sotutu – Observer Data Entry Officer
- Patterson Omi - Tag Recovery Officer/Debriefer/Observer